Wednesday, January 10, 2018

HAPPY SCRAPPERS MEET AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

Happy Scrappers met at the Attic Window Quilt Shop on Wednesday.  Above, Cathy M. shows us the baby quilt she made during the day.  I think she said it was for a new neighbor.
Here is Mary again working on her 30s quilt.  Look at those pieces stack up as they whiz through her machine.  You go girl!
I'd like to introduce you to Pam N.  Above she is taking a lesson from Chris (shop owner).  I hope Pam will join us Happy Scrappers again.  Our group is open to all.  We call ourselves scrappers, but basically it's an open sew and you work on what you want to.
 Marilyn joined us today.  Above she is working on another Retreat bag.  After making a boatload of these bags for Christmas gifts, she said this one today is for her.
 Marilyn also worked on quilting this block.  You've seen it before.  She made it with the new Double Wide Dresden ruler.  Today, she decided to make it into a table topper.
 This is a closeup so you can see how she quilted it.
Marilyn also showed us this adorable little towel.  These lambs are made of very small yo-yos.  They are darling.
And last but not least, Cathy and I worked on making this block for the Cookbook BOM.  She's not fond of paper piecing so I made some of the block squares in this block and she did the rest.  I don't know about you, but when I am left to my own, I choose the easiest thing to do.  I have found that participating in these BOMs stretches my skills and I learn a lot that I wouldn't learn otherwise.

Diana was there working on the cutest Christmas Tree ornament.  She promised she'd send pictures tomorrow.  So be sure and check back because this is something to see.

DON'T FORGET to sign up for the Heart of Winter Tour bus trip on Saturday, Feb. 10th.  You can read about it here.  I'm really looking forward to visiting the four shops on the tour.
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Jan 11
  • Stitch-In, Friday, Jan 12
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Jan. 13
  • Heart of Winter Tour, Saturday, Feb. 10
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Doodlecraft has a roll up glove box essentials caddy.  I'm thinking Christmas gift.  Why not start now?
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

No comments:

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo