Sunday, November 19, 2017

HAVE YOU TRIED A NEW RULER?

It was rainy and cold today; a great day for sewing.  Last week while at the Attic Window Quilt Shop I picked up the new Double Dresden ruler.  Naturally, I had to play with it.  Above is my first project.  I think it will make a cute little candle mat.  I love using my scraps and this is a great way to do that.
When I went to my sewing room this morning I had intended to bind the quilt that I just took off the frame.  However, after making the binding, I decided I didn't like it and wanted to use another fabric.  Naturally, I didn't have enough, so I put that project aside until I can get back to the Attic Window for more fabric.  After playing with the new ruler, I decided to finish up this little mug rug that I made earlier in the week using the Lazy Girl Ruler.  Again, using my scraps.
This is the back of the mug rug.  I love spiral quilting.

ATTENTION:  There has been some confusion about a couple of monthly meetings which usually take place on the fourth Wednesday of the month. This month that day is the day before Thanksgiving and a couple groups decided to make some changes.  Here are the changes:
  • The Bees In The Attic Bee Hive will NOT meet this coming Wednesday, but will meet instead on the following Wednesday, November 29 at 10 a.m.  
  • The Quilt Block Cookbook BOM will not meet this month due to the holiday.  You are still to make a block this month and you can read about what blocks to makehere.
Don't Forget:
  • Christmas Craft Day, Saturday, November 25 and again Friday, Dec. 1.  Register now!!!
AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee, Tuesday, Nov. 21
  • Closed for Thanksgiving, Thursday, Nov. 23
  • Breakfast Stitch-In and Sale, Friday, Nov. 24
  • Christmas Craft Day, Saturday, Nov. 25
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Connie of Free Motion Quilting has 25 free Christmas patterns.  You will want to try some of these before Christmas.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love your new and finished projects here, Caroll! The double Dresden will be such a cute candle mat. That design makes a great star shaped center. Your mug rug is a sweet one too. I love spiral quilting too! It’s fun to do and fun to look at.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo