Wednesday, June 7, 2017

NEW BOOK AND A QUESTION

While at the Attic Window Quilt Shop yesterday I saw this adorable critter and this wonderful book showing how to make it and a number of others.  Stop in at the shop and pick one up today!

On another note, a reader has a question that we hope you can help us with.  This is her question:

"I have the problem. At home I am always looking for my quilting patterns, rulers, scissors etc.... I put things away and can't remember where...  Do any readers in quilting land have any suggestions or ways to keep track of things.  The latest is, I looked at my pattern of Ellie the elephant, a BJcreations pattern.  Now I can't find it?   I knew where it was for ten years, now I can't find it.

I look forward to hearing suggestions from you and other quilters at the Attic.
Thanks
Marjorie"


Thanks Marjorie for your question.  I have the same problem and hope someone can help us.  

Readers, please leave a comment or email me at westmichquilter@gmail.com

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
  • New Shop Hours beginning June 1 through August 31 -  Monday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Tuesday through Thursday  10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
ALSO:   The JUNE CALENDAR is now available.  You can see the month at a glance by clicking on the hat lady on the sidebar.  Let me know if it doesn't work.  I've had a terrible time trying to get the link to work.

In the meantime, look at what is happening this week at the shop:

HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, June 8
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, June 10
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • Nancy Zieman has a tutorial for a flip flopped rectangles quilt.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh love that owl! Hm - I lose things too - the only suggestion I can make is to keep "like" items together. All books in one spot, all patterns, all threads, etc. That way, if you're looking for a pattern, you don't have to look through everything.

Lynn said...

I keep a lot of patterns in digital format on my iPad. I've had the iPad for several years and haven't lost it yet. Printed patterns seem to get lost underneath other stuff in my sewing room, but I keep better track of my iPad since I use it for lots of other things.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo