Wednesday, September 21, 2016

IT'S PERSONAL


Today I want to show you the PJs I made for my great grandson.  I didn't have a pattern, so I took his clothes and traced a pattern.  Worked well on the shorts, but I had a little trouble with the top.  The point is, he picked out the fabric himself and told me what to make with each piece.  I love it when that happens.  Isn't he one handsome dude!

I wanted to show you this too.  It has been a wonderful growing season here in Michigan.  This Sweet Autumn Myrtle  Clematis is loaded with blooms.  I love how it's sweet fragrance drifts through my back yard.  I read recently that Autumn shows us that there is beauty in letting go.

DON'T FORGET these happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop
  • Sew Together Bag, Thursday, Sept. 22
  • Quilt As You Go, Friday, Sept. 23
  • Scrappers Helping Hands, Saturday, Sept. 24
  • Cookbook BOM, Monday, Sept. 26 or Wednesday, Sept. 28
  • Quilts On The Grand, October 7 - 9 at the Delta Plex
Be sure to check the calendar on the sidebar for happenings this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: 
Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

3 comments:

bobbi said...

Beautiful boy in orange--you two make a great team, Caroll!
Love and hugs, Bobbi
P.S. will certainly have to make myself the lovely heart-hand-trees you´ve linked when I´m a grandma--thank you for the wonderful ideas you link us up with every day!!! xoxo

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

He is a handsome boy and that is a great outfit for him. I hadn't heard that saying about autumn but it is very inspiring.

Annie said...

There will be no shortage of girls in his life. LoL. A little man who knows what he wants. Love it! The PJs are great! Love the oranges fabric choices. That Myrtle is absolutely gorgeous!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo