Monday, December 30, 2013

START OFF THE NEW YEAR WITH SOMETHING NEW!

Only a few more days to go and we’ll be into a New Year and back into routine!  Yeah! I’ll make it short and sweet today as there is still a lot of Holiday craziness going on at my house, but I did want to show you this.  Have you seen the On The Dot Repositionable Markers? 
You can get a package of these at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I’ve used static cling tape before but these are much nicer. 
They help you position your ruler consistently, accurately, and quickly.  You can use the center circle to spot a specific point on your ruler.
Each package holds a variety of colors to contrast with different fabrics.  You can use the end points to align a specific measurement. 
I don’t know about you, but some of these rulers have so many different lines that I get easily confused.  These markers help me stay on track.  You might want to pick up a package when you go to the Sale on New Year’s Day!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:  The Annual New Year’s Day Sale at the Attic Window Quilt Shop will be held on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 from 12 noon to 4 p.m.  Chris says she has been cleaning out some of her secret hiding places and has lots of goodies and bargains for us to go through!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:  Barb of Garden Path Quilts has two mystery BOMs coming up in January. 

Also, I can’t remember, but I don’t think I’ve shown this link before.  Sweet P Quilting has a tutorial showing you how to turn some leftover scraps into something useful and pretty. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Garden Path Quilts said...

Thank you, Caroll for mentioning my blog! And I have no idea, yet, why comments keep saying no reply. Techno phobia here!

Lynn said...

I have never seen these little markers. I use post-it notes, but these look like they stick better than post-its. I'll have to look for them.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo