Thursday, November 14, 2013

HAPPY SCRAPPERS HAVE SOME SHOW-n-TELL

The Happy Scrappers met again Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Marilyn showed us these two pieces that she is working on.  She said that she purchased special fabrics for this pineapple design on the left.  However, she made the one on the right using scraps.  I love that scrappy look.
Marilyn said that she may teach a class on how to make this pineapple block, or it may be a make-it-and-take-it project in the near future.  She said that you will use this Pineapple Trim Tool when making the block.  Naturally, you can find this tool at the Shop.
Guess who this box of paper pieced blocks belongs to.  Marcy said that she needs 281 squares to make her quilt and she came into the shop today to buy more fabric.
I convinced Marcy to let me take her picture with two of her blocks.  I think she should receive recognition for working so hard and making all those blocks!  It’s going to be a great quilt!
I showed you this quilt previously when I posted about it on Monday.  However, I wanted to get a picture of Catherine with her quilt.  I am just amazed that this is a Whimsical Garden because it looks so different from the one I made and from others that I’ve seen.
This is an awesome quilt.  Catherine said she was making the quilt when she got an invitation to her class reunion, which started her to thinking about a long ago time.  That was when she decided to put some bobby sox and saddle shoes on her birds.  You can see a picture of that in this post.  Isn’t this the cutest!
I love how Catherine uses color.  Catherine Martin made and quilted the quilt.  She is a professional long arm quilter.  The name of her business is Quilten Bee Express.  You may contact her at 616-363-0703.
This is what Catherine is working on now.  This is a block from Aunt Millie’s Garden.  With Catherine’s wonderful talent with fabrics and colors, I bet it will look nothing like the one I made which I posted about here.  I can’t wait to see how Catherine’s quilt turns out.  I bet it will be anything but boring!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • Black Friday Stitch-In will be held Friday, Nov. 28, starting at 8 a.m.
  • Craft Day will be held Saturday, Nov. 29, from 9 – 5.  Join us and make some fun Christmas gifts early.  Four to five projects are being planned for the day.  Class time is free but there will be a small fee for project kits.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:  The American Sewing Guild has a tutorial for a Lined Snap Tape purse. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the foral quilt...........very pretty............

Barb said...

That first picture is sooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and looks to be so hard.

Mama Pea said...

Catherine is so amazing. I love her quilt. And I love what she's working on now.

I really love pineapple blocks. I would love to finally get a pineapple quilt done one of these days..... I have all the stuff for one. LOL

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo