Wednesday, October 2, 2013

IT CAN'T BE OCTOBER ALREADY?

Sometimes I wonder about me.  It is a new month.  Today I had to turn the page on my calendar and decided to really look and see what I had scheduled for this month. Yikes!  I have a class to teach on Friday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  When I made the date, I figured I had plenty of time to finish this table runner.  After all, the class wasn’t until October!  Wrong!  Well, not wrong about the class being in October, but wrong about having plenty of time to get it finished.  I don’t know where the summer went.  I’ve been putting off quilting this table runner because I can’t decide how to do it, for one thing, and the other, really big thing is I don’t know how to bind those in and out points!  I’m going to see if I can get Chris (shop owner) to help me with that. For now, the flimsy top is at the shop so people can see what the class is all about. This pattern is called Pinwheel and is in the book Flower Festival by Kim Schaefer.  I love Kim’s patterns and have made several projects in this book.

ON ANOTHER NOTE
:  Did you see Alamosa Quilter’s blog post yesterday? She has a picture of a new scrappy project and shows us the Migrating Geese that she is placing on the borders.  In her blog post she has a link to a tutorial on how to make these Migrating Geese.  I’d love to try this. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for the "shout out" Caroll!

My quilting suggestions for your runner are to keep it simple. I'd just outline around the flowers. For the pinwheels you could stitch in the ditch or do an arc from point to point (my favorite way to quilt HST). Can't help you with binding the inner corners though. Surely somebody online has a tutorial though!

Vickie said...

Hi Caroll. Heather Mulder Peterson of Anka's Treasures has some nice binding tutorials on her blog: http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/tutorials/

She has a good one for inside corners which might help you. I haven't personally tried it yet, but that is the way I intend to do my spiral lonestar. Good luck!

Mama Pea said...

It's really cute, Carroll!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo