Thursday, March 7, 2013

THE ROAD TO FORTUNE IS THIS WAY





Recently, while blog hopping I visited  A Quilter’s Table and saw a block called Road To Fortune.  I had to try it.  Today, since I had nothing pressing, I made the above block.  It is paper pieced and I just used scraps because I really wasn’t sure if I could do this one. 

I love trying new blocks and new techniques.  I figure if I keep this up, I’ll soon have a “sampler” quilt.  Above is the block I made today, with the other two that I made in the past.  I’ve been wondering what I will do with them.  I thought about making pillows, but I think I’ll keep finding new blocks and turn them into a quilt.  What fun.  By the way, there is a link on A Quilter's Table to the pattern.  Just scroll down when  you go there.

On Another Note:  If you are looking for a pattern, you can find lots of them here.  The Quilter Magazine has lots of on line projects for you.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll 
ኬሮል

4 comments:

Ellie Q said...

Beautiful! Love the bright scrappiness! Can't wait to see what other ones you come up with!

Lynn said...

I think these would be a great sampler quilt! They look wonderful together.

Nancy Page said...

Super cool blocks!!! Love these! Thank you for sharing and for the great links. You are the best!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Mama Pea said...

Really pretty! I love the star, especially!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo