Tuesday, October 2, 2012

KNOTTY GIRLS ARE BEING KNOTTY AGAIN

The Knotty Girls Stitching Bee met last week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above is a wool house that Judi made.  She said that the pattern was for a pincushion, but she decided she wanted a bag instead.  So she cut a hole in the top (under the green flap on the roof) and put this cute little spool handle on it and made it into a bag.  It is darling.
 
Fran made this beautiful needle case.  I adore all the decorative stitching that these women do!  Isn’t this stunning!


Judi also made this Quiltsmart Midi bag (or it may be the Mondo bag I’m not sure).  I love the colors she has used.  It’s a great size too.

On another note: I think this would be a great way to use up your scraps.  Check out U Create for the tutorial.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous projects! I love the spool on the handle of the house bag. I may need to make myself a needle book like that one - LOVE!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from South Dakota,
WOW how I love Judi wee wool bag. Fantastic and her color bag is great too. Miss all the Knotty Girls and I will look forward to seeing you all soon. Hugs Judy

Mama Pea said...

So cute! Love the little house. I signed up for Sue Spargo's new quilt along. It's expensive, but I kick myself every year for not doing it. This year, I'm doing it!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo