Monday, September 17, 2012

THIS IS THE SITUATIION

I know - this block looks absolutely nothing like the block that Jennifer had for us last week.  I swear I was not drinking when I made it.   This is the situation. 

Since last Wednesday I have been helping my daughter take care of a three-year-old. (Her grandson, my great grandson.)  It takes two of us, trust me!  I know I should have made my Modern Monday block earlier in the week, but when I saw all that piecing involved in making that block, I kept putting it off. 

Then I got the call for help from my daughter.  So, after four days of “business” and utter exhaustion, I schlepped down to my sewing room and nearly cried when I again looked at the block I was supposed to make.  Bone tired and dog weary I thought, I just can’t do this.  I wondered why this week’s block couldn’t have been something easier like the wonky block I saw last week on Greenleaf Goods.  Then it hit me.  Why not?  I could have that block knocked out before my daughter came back from the store with the-little-one-who-has-all-that-energy, so I tackled it right then and there.  No one will know when I put the quilt together that this is not the required block (only you and you won’t tell will you?)  So, I hurried up and got it finished just in time.  I think it will work, don’t you.  Now go to Alamosa Quilter and see what the real block should look like.  Then head over to 42 Quilts and see what the pattern is this week.

Fine Craft Guild has a circle quilt tutorial.  Check it out.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I love it Caroll!! I think it will blend in perfectly with the other blocks. I also thought about making something different, but I have always loved the card trick block and had never made one, until yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I think your block looks exactly like that other one! :) No, really

sew.darn.quilt said...

Maybe this block is a salute to the week you've had? A little out of whack but in the end it came together beautifully. I like it!

Allie said...

I love it - smart thinking, girl, and it will go beautifully with the quilt. Oh I remember the energy of 3yos - yikes, you have my sympathy, lol! But it's still one of my favorite ages for kids. SO cute!

Mama Pea said...

Sorry you're having such a rough week, Caroll. I know you've been kind of quiet. But I have to say, the situation put you in a position to create a really cool block....that's all your own! Well done!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo