Monday, September 3, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

 I almost forgot that it is Modern Monday Quilt Along time.  I guess because the US is on holiday, I thought the rest of the world was too.  When it dawned on me that I needed to post on Monday (holiday or not) I got busy and made my block.  This is block #47 and is called Lantern.  Above you can see how it will look on point.
I took this picture because it is how it will probably look in my quilt, on square.  Take a look at Alamosa Quilter and see what Lynn’s block looks like.  Then hop over to 42 Quilts and see what block Jennifer has for you this week.

Also, check out Freeze Frame and see the darling doorknob quilt that Annie made when inspired by a card that I sent her.  It is so clever and I’m thinking, wouldn’t something like this make wonderful Christmas gifts!

I thought this interesting.  One Good Thing by Jillee tells you how to make your own laundry color catchers.  This should save you some money!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Annie said...

Ah, here it is. This post wasn't available to me when I went looking yesterday. How sweet of you to mention me and I agree about the Christmas gifts. Love your lantern! Before I saw the whole block first thing that came to mind was a modern pumpkin...so now I've been inspired by you again! LOL Good info regarding the color catchers. I don't need them very often, so I'll probably be too lazy to make my own. But if I used them a lot I certainly would be trying that.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Thank you telling me "where to go"
today. Very helpful indeed.
Your lantern is so cute.

Lynn said...

Love your speckled gray background fabric. Great job on your lantern! This week looks like a piecing challenge. Mine will probably end up more wonky than the sample.

Mama Pea said...

I love the wonkiness of this one!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo