Thursday, September 20, 2012

DO YOU HAVE APPLIQUE ATTITUDE?

I'm sorry I’ve been out of commission most of the week.  I feel bad about not posting because I have several shut-in quilters who tell me they look forward to my posts.  But I’ve been a bit under the weather myself and just haven’t felt like doing much of anything.  I’m feeling much better today and finished up this project that I had started last week.  The pattern is from the book Applique With Attitude from Piece O’ Cake Designs.  This is just one of four wallhangings in the book.  I hope to make them all, they are so darn cute.
In the book, I noticed how one of the blocks was quilted and decided to try it.  I think I like it, how about you?  It certainly was easy.  You can get the book at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.

So many people have iPpads today (I want one but can’t justify the purchase) and I thought this would make such a nice gift.  Check out Teresa Down Under for an iPad holder for the car.

I linked up to Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  Check out who else is sharing. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

10 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Caroll,

I love it! Will you show me the book on Saturday. Sorry you are under the weather. You plumb wore yourself out last week!

Mary said...

Your little quilt is addorable. You did a wonderful job of quilting it.

Lynn said...

What a cute little birdie! Love the polka dot binding. Hope you are feeling tip-top soon!

sew.darn.quilt said...

Take another bow, this is superb.
I really like the quilting, it reminds me of an art project from school a few ;) years ago!

Terry said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! That bird is too cute! :0)

rosamickey said...

so glad you are feeling better!!! i love the way you quilted the wall hanging with the echo pattern. i think i might be able to do that kind of quilting on a small project!! LOL
ROSA

Kat said...

Glad you're feeling better! This is adorable, I think the quilting lines are perfect. It adds so much and really makes the applique "pop."

Amanda said...

That quilting is beautiful. Great job, I love the fabric choices too.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful work and I love the way you quilted it!

Ellie Q said...

That is adorable@ And great job on the quilting!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo