Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCRAPS

The Happy Scrappers Quilting Bee met Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above, Buffie shows us the result of a Pandora’s Box.  Long ago she place the pieces in a basket and forgot about it.  She moved and later found it again.  Determined not to move that basket one more time, she got busy and finished it.  Buffie has a great eye for color.  I love how she used the pink to pull together all those various scrappy blocks.
Terri is that rare kind of person who doesn’t have unfinished projects.  This is a close-up of her Spider Web quilt.  She used scraps and made the pieces wonky.  I think that’s why I love this quilt so…scraps and wonky.  She’s my kind of gal!
This is Lee Ann’s latest project.  It is only half finished but she is still working on it.  I think the pattern is Trip Around the World.  I love her choice of fabrics.  She said I might like the way this quilt is made, and suggested I take Chris’s class and learn her easy method for making this quilt. 
 And last but not least, check these out.  These are goodies that the quilters brought to share!  We all love it when Rosa’s husband cooks.  He made these wonderful blueberry cakes for us. In the front left and right are a Blueberry Cream Cake and a Blueberry Cheese Cake.  In the middle is my Crunchy Fudge Bars.  I didn’t get a picture of it, but Buffie also brought a cucumber salad that was to die for!  Needless to say, no one keeled over from lack of food while they were quilting.  I figured I had to keep my stamina up because of all this heat!  How's that for rationalization.

Here’s a quick fun summer project for you.  Do you have a puppy or know someone who does?  Check out Riley Blake Designs for a cute puppy placemat.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

7 comments:

Allie said...

Oh my goodness that pink quilt is stunning - I LOVE it. Can't take my eyes off it. I love the wonky spiderweb too, my kinda gal, lol! Absolutely you need to keep your strength up in this heat Caroll. I was reading that the firefighters in Colorado were going through three times the normal amount of calories, fighting the fires....works for me. Stay cool!

Rosa said...

Me too love the pink quilt and the blueberry cheese cake!!

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking treats. What a great husband to bake for the quilt group. Again, thanks for all the links you refer us to. I get great ideas. I love the doggie placemat.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Scrap-flippin'-tastic quilts! The pink is daring and it works out perfectly. I wish I could work with colour with those kind of results. As for the goodies, they look delicious. Wish I was there ;o)

Ivory Spring said...

Oh my - those scrap quilts are absolutely darling!!! Thanks for sharing the scrappy beauties.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and the super kind comment.

Hugs!

Mama Pea said...

Wow. Dang! I missed some good snacks! I love that quilt of Buffie's. She really does have the eye for it all!

Sally said...

love the Pandora's Box with that bubblegum pink! Very period! May just have to make one now!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo