Friday, July 13, 2012

HAVE YOU WORKED IN WOOL?

I went to the Knotty Girls Stitching Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop Wednesday evening and have some things to show you.  Above are a couple of blocks that Cindi is working on.  They are from Primitive Gatherings Block of the Week. 
I wanted to show you this block that Cindi just started working on.  You can how the block looks before all that beautiful stitching embellishment.
Cindi said she would be teaching a class on how to make this lovely crazy quilt pillow.  I love the fabrics she used.  We don’t know when the class will be held just yet, but I’ll keep you posted.  I’d like to take the class and make the pillow in solids and then maybe I can get some of the gals at Knotty Girls to teach me how to do all that beautiful stitching.
Sherri made this Lil Twister quilt using the small (very small...the smallest) template.  This is a beautiful tabletopper and has inspired me to get mine finished.  I have the blocks sewn together but am afraid to cut around the template.  It is so small!  However, Sherri has inspired me, so I'm going ot get busy and finish this one.  Thanks Sherri.
This is an update on Sherri’s quilt.  This is the Sue Spargo block of the month that I previously posted a picture of a couple weeks ago.  As you can see she has added the bird and added more fantastic stitches.
This is a close up of one of the flowers.  Notice all that intricate stitching.  I want to learn how to do that! 

Allie of Allie Oops Sweet Happy Life has a darling free pattern for you today.  It is her own design. Check it out here.

PS:  I've linked up to Sew Many Ways and also Confessions of a Fabric Addict today.  Check them out and see all the fun stuff others are doing.  

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

The wool blocks are fantastic. I would love to come and stitch with you all. I also think the CQ pillow is wonderful and the wonderful stitching would make it even more wonderful. Hugs Judy

Mama Pea said...

I have worked in wool and love it. I would love to do a Sue Spargo quilt or something. Maybe one of these days! I love that little twister quilt. I need to do one of those, too. I really like the really little ones. At first, I thought this one was framed. It got me to thinking that would be a great way to work with a finished Lil Twister! Have a good day. I'm off to NH today!

Terry said...

Everything looks so pretty! I've seen those tiny twisters and I love them! Mine works with the charm squares...I think the tiny one would be too small for me! LOL

Allie said...

I wish I could work with wool, those are just gorgeous! I'd love to know how to do all that stitching too. Love the pillow and quilt as well. Thanks for linking to my pattern, Caroll!

Barb said...

What fun projects. I have only worked with it once...

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo