Tuesday, July 10, 2012

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT A BED RUNNER?

I want to give you a sneak peek of what I’ve been working on.  The other day I mentioned that I started piecing a bed runner, but after making about 15 squares, and realizing I still had 135 smaller squares to go, I gave up and looked for a different pattern.  This is the pattern I chose.  It has large flowers across the top.  I placed the scissors in the picture next to a flower petal to show you how large the flowers are.  It will take some time to hand applique these flowers and leaves and all the little squares across the borders, but I don’t mind that.  I love applique.  I’ll show you the entire bed runner once it is finished and give you the pattern details.  I’m sure you will like it too as it is a great way to give your bed a whole new look.

I was blog hopping the other day and clicking through Jamie Fengal’s blog Twisted Sister and came across information about The House Quilt Project.  Small quilts are being made for wounded soldiers to hang on the wall in their home.  This would be a fun and quick project and a great way to use those scraps.  Why not give it a try?  This link gives you the criteria and even shows you how to make the tabs on the back for hanging.  Check it out!

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I like the idea of bed runners. You can change them with the season. And they should not take as long to make, I would think. They'd be pretty over a white chenille bedspread or something! I look forward to seeing yours!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo