Thursday, May 24, 2012

RING AROUND THE ROSE PILLOW

I finally made this fun rose pillow from the June issue of Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and More magazine. I just loved the Moda Etching by 3 Sisters fabric and this seemed like a perfect project to use it.

The petals are 3-dimensional and made by fusing two pieces of fabric together, then cutting them into circles. Sewing the 90 plus fabric circles onto the background fabric is a little tricky but they don’t have to be perfect and in the end it looks like a rose bloom! I plan to put my pillow on the front porch chair. It will make a perfect accent!

The sample’s in the shop, so check it out next time you’re there.

If you like the look of 3-dimensional flowers, check out Quilting Daily for a tutorial.

4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sue, your pillow is awesome! Thanks for the link too!

Nancy Page said...

Lovely pillow! Will be perfect on the front porch chair! Well done!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Mama Pea said...

It's really beautiful! I like that fabric, and I was about to comment to Caroll that I was surprised she did. It doesn't seem her style. They, I realized Caroll didn't write this post! LOL. I still love the pillow!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love that pillow!!! So smart looking.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo