Monday, January 30, 2012

MODERN MONDAY BLOCK QUILT ALONG


It’s time for the Modern Monday Block Quilt Along.  This is the 18th block.  I have to giggle when I look at this and compare it to Lynn’s block or to the sample Jennifer had on her blog.  For some reason I’m never able to follow directions…exactly.  Oh, well, it’s my block and I’m sticking to it.  ;o)
Check out Lynn’s block and then go to Jennifer’s blog and see what block we are supposed to do for this week.

Here are two things of interest for you.  (1) My Patchwork Life has a tutorial for the cutest bookmark.  Great way to use up those scraps.  (2) Did you know this about dryer balls?  The Pickled Herring has an interesting article and tutorial.
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Allie said...

I love this one - very Gwen Marston, lol! Great job!

Mama Pea said...

This is the same block Lynn did. What do you mean? Were you supposed to do the star? I love this block! I think it looks fantastic. It's one of my favorites that you've done!

Lynn said...

I love your version! That medium gray polka dot fabric is wonderful!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo