Sunday, January 8, 2012

MAKE THIS HEART WALLHANGING!


I recently went to Sampler and First Saturday Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I don’t know who these pictures belong to – Sampler or Bee people – but I wanted to show them to you.  This wallhanging is by Pat Dorset.  Such a clever idea.  You can get one made too before Valentines Day.  At least I'd like to try it.  I love small projects like this.

 Pat also made this quilt.  Isn't it stunning!  I love the pink and green.
You may have seen this before when it was in a different stage of development.  Judy Mayhak showed us her finished quilt.  Awesome!
Cathy M. is determined to use up her scraps.  She picks up a lot of fabric when she goes to the Bahamas and decided to make this quilt.  I love these fabrics!  I’m sorry I didn’t get a picture of Cathy’s other projects.  She showed us two casserole carriers.  (I linked to the tutorial here.)  Cathy is so clever.  The squares that she used to practice her free motion quilting were used to make the casserole carriers.  What a wonderful idea!  
Jeannie Bird is holding this amazing bag.  Things were happening so fast I can’t remember if she said it was a gift to her or if she made it as a gift.  Sorry Jeannie.  I love that bag!
Jenny made this fantastic quilt from Charm packs.  It is a disappearing nine patch with narrow sashings.  Isn’t it beautiful! 

It seems like everyone is looking for ways to use up their scraps. Jonquils and Ladybugs has a tutorial for a block you might like.


Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Allie said...

Great projects - love that DP9 with sashing, looks really great! I'm not a fan of hearts [shhh] or Valentine's Day....

Mama Pea said...

Love the hearts and the pink and green quilt. And that disappearing 9 patch is awesome! Wow!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo