Tuesday, December 20, 2011

HOT CHOCOLATE ON A STICK

Yesterday afternoon I got busy and made Hot Chocolate On A Stick.  I saw the link to the recipe on Peas In A Pod and had to try it.  First I made the Marshmallows.  I had never attempted that before.  It looked too scary.  Besides, what's wrong with store-bought.  After some thought, I caved and decided to make them from scratch.  What an experience.  I had sticky white stuff all over my kitchen and worried about getting it off the beater blades and bowl.  However, I followed the recipe and to my surprise,  they fell right out of the pan when I turned it over and I was able to cut them into squares with no problem at all.   And they are so yummy!  However, this morning I had to giggle when I opened a drawer in my kitchen and wondered what in the heck is all that white stuff all over the silverware.  My mother always said that a messy cook is a good cook.
 This is the chocolate ganache.  It looks good enough to eat as is, but I used restraint. 
Above you can see the marshmallow and chocolate on the stick and waiting to go into their individual bags.

In their bags waiting to be tagged.
I used two different tags.  I found them on the websites I referred to above and wanted to see how each one looked.
 
Here they are tucked into Santa’s head waiting to be delivered to the neighbor children.  A special thank you to Stephanie for the links on her blog.  It was a fun project.  After my hectic day I decided to sit down, relax and try some myself.  They worked great.  The marshmallows are wonderful, however, I was a little disappointed in that the chocolate was not as strong as I like.  I think I’ll do some experimenting and see if I can make better ones next year.  If anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate it.  
 
Craft Bits has a quick and cute project that can still be done in time for Christmas.
 
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Glad you liked it, and it turned out cute. Jessica said the same thing...she had white stuff everywehre! In her hair, all over! So, I guess you did it right! LOL. You didn't think the chocolate was strong enough? I did. We made it with whole milk (that's what Elsa drinks). I thought it was really rich and creamy. What kind of milk did you make it in?

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo