Monday, October 31, 2011

MODERN BLOCK MONDAY - BLOCK SIX

It’s Modern Monday Block from Forty Two Quilts.  Above is block number six.  I thought this interesting.  This is what the block looked like in natural light.  
This is what the block looked like under a florescent light in my sewing room.  The colors look more natural and the gray not as dark.  But I like the vibrant blue background that I got in the natural light.  Go figure.  Later hop over to Alamosa Quilter and see Lynn's block.   

Don’t forget to look at the sidebar for all the fun classes being offered this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above is a picture of JD’s peppermint Tabletopper.  This class is scheduled for Wednesday.  Carolyn has some interesting classes lined up.  Be sure and check them out.    Sampler is Saturday.  Does everyone have their blocks ready?  Don’t forget to bring your tool!
Molly Flanders blog has a great tutorial for a Dresden pincushion.  I don’t usually need any more pincushions, but this one is darling.

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!

Caroll

3 comments:

Allie said...

Very pretty, love the pop of color in the center! Interesting about the lighting - it really makes a difference!

Mama Pea said...

Okay, your block is so awesome. I tell you, I just love your color and fabric choices, Caroll. I really want you to start picking for me! I really LOVE that tabletopper. I would love to do that one! I'm sure it's on a day when I can't though. Sigh. My life is too crazy right now.

Linda said...

Gorgeous blocks, Caroll!!! I'm loving your fabric colors. Very striking!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo