Wednesday, October 26, 2011

KNOTTY GIRLS MEET AT ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

The Knotty Girls Stitching Bee met tonight at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and as usual it proved to be a fun filled event.  I had to take a picture of this adorable kitten.  He is on a wool quilt/wallhanging that Sherri is making.
Above Sherri demonstrates how to make a certain stitch on her wool project.
JoAnn shows us the wallhanging she finished in time for Halloween.  Isn’t it cute!
Dee is working on an autumn stitchery that will be a wallhanging.  Someone said that it was a good idea that she decided on making it into a wallhanging instead of a pillow.  “People drool on pillows,” the woman said. (I never thought about that but I can certainly see that happening in my house!)
Dee is also finishing this ABC quilt.  I’m sorry I couldn’t get a better picture with more contrast to show up her excellent work!
One last item I couldn’t resist showing you.  How much are you willing to pay for a ball of yarn?  How much do you think this one cost?  Note the size compared to the Christmas light.  When we were told $85 we all gave a collective gasp!  It is Oiviuk yarn and is made from the Muskox, an animal in Alaska.  I’ll have to Google that one.  I’ve never heard of the animal, have you?  This is a little beyond my budget but it is wonderfully soft and I'd love to have a scarf made of this.

You have to go see this block that Geta has to show you.  I love it and hope to try it soon.  Check it out at Geta’s Quilting Studio

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!

Caroll

6 comments:

Vicky F said...

Hi Caroll,
Love that wooly kitten in the top photo.
FYI, the link to Geta's quilting studio did not work.

Take care.
Vicky F

West Michigan Quilter said...

Fixed it! Thanks Vicky for letting me know!

Barb said...

I enjoy seeing the knotty girls projects, that witch is sooo cute.

Now I think I would have to forgo buying that yarn....

Love Geta...

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Attic Window.

I always enjoyed seeing your quilting photos. I especially like Dee'e Pumpkin stitchery. I also love the wool Kitty project allot.

I used to live in Fairbanks Alaska so your mention of the Muskox brought great memories as a bush school nurse.

The Muskox lives in the the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in the far North of Alaska. I have seen them in the wild and they are mammoth creatures. There yarn is truly very soft but way to expensive for me too.

Hugs Judy

Mama Pea said...

You know I love me my wool! I love that piece with all the great stitching.

Okay, $85 for that ball of yarn?! Wow! That's like that yak yarn I saw at Fiber Festival. If I made socks out of it, it would cost me $40 for one pair. But I sure do love it. Maybe someday I'll be able to afford it!

Allie said...

Gorgeous projects, how I'd love to come visit all of you! That kitty is so cute and I adore that pumpkin stitchery. Great job ladies!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo