Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HALLOWEEN ALREADY?

Today I ran up to Office Max to have my drawing copied and increased in size for my story quilt.  On the way home, I noticed the thermometer at the bank said 94 degrees.  Yikes!  Not exactly the time of year to be thinking of Halloween.  But maybe thinking about it will make you feel cooler or at least forget about the heat for a minute or two.  The above panel is Trick or Treat by Moda and you can pick it up today at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Maybe if you talk nicely to Robbie she will tell you how she made this adorable spider (is that an oxymoron?).  
This panel is also by Moda.  These panels are fantastic and you will find the coordinating fabrics in at the shop too.
Just in case you are not ready to think about that time of year, how about these luscious fabrics.  They are part of that Floralicious line by Bernatex. that I told you about here.  These are my colors and a must have for me.

Ever wonder how to make a block keeper?  Tammy at Treadle Works has a great tutorial for you. 

Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Nancy Page said...

I am not a fan of Halloween or spiders, even Halloween spiders, but the panel is as sweet as can be. Love the Floralicious line, so bright and cheery. And thank you for the link to another great blog.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Allie said...

Absolutely it's an oxymoron - ugh I don't like spiders! But the fabric is very cute! Love that last one too. Can't believe it was 94 on your side of the state - although it FELT like it here with the humidity!

Mama Pea said...

I really dig the floralicious fabric! When I was in Utah, I saw they had Halloween stuff out already, too. It's all cute, but I am just not ready to deal with that yet!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo