Saturday, May 28, 2011

KNOTTY GIRL IS A HOOKER

Knotty Girls met last week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  During these meetings the women do some kind of hand work.  Sue Latham  is quite a talent as she does Twilling, Redwork, and is now into hooking (rug hooking that is).  Sue said she is so excited to have finished this project.  It is her first attempt at rug hooking.  She used small strips of wool to make this lovely wallhanging.

This is the rug that Sue is working on now.  Don’t you love this fish of many colors?
 Marci continues to work on her Embellishing Wool BOM.  This pattern is Flower Festival.  I love the way she is embellishing these blocks.  She said that she is learning new stitches each month and is amazed at how you can take the same stitch and put a twist on it and it looks so different.  I love this beautiful block.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend.  Just in case you are looking for something to do,  My Heritage Fabrics has some cute ideas for quick summer projects. 
 
Stay Positive!
Caroll  

5 comments:

Elisa (AKA scrapcat) said...

Ooh! Very pretty! Love all the varied things we quilters get into! Thanks for the tip about My Heritage Fabrics! Have a great holiday weekend!

Barb said...

Love both projects...that fish looks amazing.

Linda said...

Love the hooked rug! It's on my wish list of things I want to make!

Allie said...

I LOVE those rugs! That's something I'd love to learn. But oh that's right, I'm allergic to wool. DANG. That quilt block is so pretty too! Have a GREAT holiday Caroll, and stay cool!

Mama Pea said...

I really want to learn to do the rug hooking. I think the embellishing wool Bom is such a great idea!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo