Monday, February 21, 2011

MAKE SOME SMALL PROJECTS FOR GIFTS


I’ve been concentrating on small gift items lately. Remember the table runner in my previous post? I took a portion of that pattern and appliquéd the flower to a kitchen towel. I found another pattern of a cat and did the same thing. Don’t you think these would make cute gift items? I’m putting them in my gift basket for Christmas.

With some of the leftover fabric from that same table runner, I made a Yo-yo, and applied it to another kitchen towel.  Chris showed me another way of folding fabric to make a flower, so I tried that and placed one on each side of the Yo-yo.  I then appliquéd some leaves to cover those bare ends.

 Then, just because I wanted to use these darling buttons on something, I attached them to the center of the flowers. 


These Jennifer Jangles buttons are all made by hand and are glazed with lead free glazes. You can find them at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. I can see them on so many other items…how about a dress or jacket for your favorite granddaughter?

How about you? Are you participating in Allie’s Christmas Through The Year (see button on sidebar)? She sure has inspired me to get busy on some gifts so I won’t have that last minute panic at the end of this year.

Have you checked out all the new classes at the shop this week? Patriots BOM is new and starts this week. I’ll get a picture for you as soon as the snow stops and I am able to get out. Lee Ann has a tote bag class Wednesday and again Saturday. I really want to take one of her classes. Knotty Girls meets Wednesday night. Vickie has an “All Shook Up” class on Saturday. Her piecing class might be just what this non-piecer needs!

Lilys Quilts has a tutorial for a triple framed pinwheel. You’ll have to see this one. Really unique.

Stay Positive!
Caroll

8 comments:

Barb said...

Ohhhhh love your small gifties..

Shelley said...

Gives me some ideas...So Very cute!!!

Lisa said...

Those towells would be much too special to use. The buttons and really cute and I love the ric rac flowers. Your gift basket must be looking quite cute now.

Allie said...

LOVE these - I'll have to do something like this for my mom, she'd love it too! Good job!

Valspierssews said...

The applique looks lovely. The fabric in the towels is really pretty too. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

These will make lovely gifts Caroll.
cheers shez

Talin's Corner said...

I love your fabric choices. I have made yo-yo flowers before, but never thought of using ric rac for the stems. Great gifts.

Nayala said...

I don´t use those towells neither... They are so cute...

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo