Sunday, February 27, 2011

EM CELEBRATES ME!

I had such a surprise in the mail yesterday and had to show it to you.  Em from Em Celebrates sent me this beautiful wall hanging/table topper.  I love it.  The colors are perfect, just to my liking, and the quilting is exquisite!  Why did she send it?  I'm not sure.  Her enclosed card said that she was sharing some "pointy" love with me.  But I suspect it is because Em is a very special woman.  I can tell from her blog that she has a lot of love in her heart.  Maybe she sensed my sadness when I lost my Sassy cat.  Maybe it’s just her nature to give.  All I know is I love her and thank her for this wonderful gift.  Her enclosed card said that she did the piecing and that Green Fairy Quilts did the quilting.


Did you know that Em’s blog (it’s on my sidebar too) was listed as one of the top five blogs on the Guide To Art Schools site?  This is from that site:  “Quilters are amazing artists.  They can spend hours upon hours dreaming, planning stitching, piecing, and finishing gorgeous quilts that will be passed on from generation to generation.  Inspired by history, colors, patterns, or contemporary culture, quilters channel their creativity to create beautiful pieces of art that will be enjoyed by many for years to come.” 
I know I will enjoy this beautiful quilt from Em for many years to come too.  Thanks Em, dear friend.

And my gift to you today comes from Lindsay Sews. This is a great tutorial for a mini pillow that holds all your controls!

Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Wow! Wasn't that a nice thing to do?! Very sweet. I am so happy for you, and the colors are so happy, it's sure to keep you cheered up. Hope you are doing well!

Barb said...

How lucky for you to have a quilt made by two very special people.

Calicojoan said...

It's really cool. The colors are great the design is fabulous, and the quilting is out of this world. What a treasure you have!

em's scrapbag said...

Em is a generous caring and talented woman. Love the pointy love she sent you.

Allie said...

Oh my what a GORGEOUS gift - congrats to you, well deserved! That will brighten up these last days of winter for sure! I'll have to go check out her blog!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colors, pattern and design! It is a total package!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo