Sunday, March 14, 2010

START YOUR GIFT MAKING NOW

I couldn’t resist showing you this bunny wall hanging. Easter will be here before you know it. Do you have your Easter projects finished, or are you like me, still thinking about them? tia whippy wyanet did you get your redwork pattern? I tried to e-mail you but not I’m not sure if the address was correct.

I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop Friday night to pick up some material and found a group of women working on their UFO projects. Gerry Cavanaugh is starting on her Christmas gifts already. (I wish I were that organized!) She showed us some darling bags that are perfect for coloring books and crayons. No names on them yet, but I bet her little friends and relatives are going to enjoy their Christmas gifts

Don’t you love this new Benartex fabric in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. It’s called Playful Pups. I’m going to get some just as soon as I decide how I’m going to make up the Cats fabric I purchase last week. Above are only two of the fabrics from the line. Stop in at the shop and take a look at the others. You won't be able to resist.
.
Mrs. Moen has a couple nice tutorials on her blog. One is what to do with small scraps. The other one (check on her sidebar) is about dealing with flimsy fabric.

Until next time,
Caroll

5 comments:

Barb said...

love your aunt millie block below...and love love love the bunny.....and the fabric....shall I go on???

Tudy said...

I love the bunny but I do not do much for Easter anymore. I do have several Christmas gifts made and put away already. It is what I do over the winter when I have to stay inside.

Barb said...

I absolutely love the bunny! I would love to make that one! I do not have any Christmas gifts begun yet! I do have a couple of Easter items to make though! Thanks for sharing!

Allie said...

The bunny's cute - I don't do Easter projects but he's cute! Christmas??? I WISH! I need to take notes from Gerry - love what she's made. That fabric is darling!

Nancy Page said...

Gerry is thinking about Christmas already? Bless her heart. Great idea for bags for kids. Love the bunny block. You girls sure keep busy.

Have a great day.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo