Thursday, June 18, 2009

FRESH SQUEEZED & POTC

This pattern is called Fresh Squeezed and is from Moda University. Making all those pie slices and circles kept me from eating chocolate, so it was worth the time and effort put into this quilt. I love these fabrics and you can find them at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Check them out.


Lately when blog hopping I’ve seen so many of the POTC (Patchwork of the Crosses) blocks and I’ve been admiring them. I’ve particularly enjoyed Cathi’s at Quilt Obsession. She’s made 19 of these blocks. They are so inviting that I just had to try one for myself. I made my own template and this is what I came up with. Since I like handwork I’ll probably do more of these blocks. However, next time I think I’m going to use the English Paper Piecing method to make them.
Connecting Threads has a cute sewing caddy pattern.
Until next time: Happy Quilting
Caroll

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love the Fresh Squeezed block, the fabrics are just beautiful! And the second, anazing!!

Lurline said...

All three projects are wonderful - oh, to have the time!
Hugs - Lurline♥

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo