Saturday, May 30, 2009

HAPPY HOUSES HAVE ARRIVED

Just had to show you all the happy houses I received in the mail yesterday. These are from the Happy House Swap that Kathy Earley of the Humble Quilter Coordinated. Aren’t they pretty! The nine blocks came from various places: Pat at Patspattering and Jeri from Florida. The other blocks didn’t have information on them so I don’t know where they are from, but I love them and thank all of you. Do you see yours there? Now how to make them into a quilt…let me think about that.

This block....

And this block are the blocks that I’m sending out Monday for the Around The World Quilter’s Bee. I’m not going to tell you who they are for just in case they want it to be a surprise. I never knew this Bee was going to be so stressful. I think I agonize over every block I make and worry if it is the right block to go along with the other blocks sent to me. Everyone’s taste is so different. Maybe I have a control issue. Oh, my, get over it already!
Nicole has some great tips for all you bag makers. Check it out.
Until Next Time: Happy Quilting
Caroll


7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love your house blocks and I will look for those to arrive soon, they are wonderful!!!

Cindra said...

You have nothing to worry about with this ATWQB. All of your blocks are beautiful! I love looking at them and trying to figure out how you created it. These are gorgeous!

I really want all of your happy House squares, too!!! I may have to make one of those myself!!

Kim Brackett said...

The house blocks are so adorable. And I love your Around the World blocks.

Anonymous said...

Those 2 blocks for the ATWQ bee are sooo great!!! I'd be so happy to have any of your blocks in my quilt. Please don't stress about making your blocks. It's not supposed to be stressful, it's supposed to fun!! Everybody who joined this bee knew that lots of different people with different styles and tastes would be making their quilt, so no stressing. :)

Lurline said...

Love you house blocks, Caroll!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pieceful Jane said...

I finished my happy house quilt yesterday. Your blocks look very fun. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Cornfield Quilter said...

Hi there! The houses made from the Tiddly Winks fabric by Moda are mine! I am going to have to a few more since I didn't keep any for myself. I am anxious to see how everyone sets them together. :D

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo